You'll have access to the 5 Week Self-Paced class until January 2014, so the earlier you register, the more time you'll have to paint!
once you've registered, the classroom is open to you anytime, so that you can paint with me when you want until January 2014. and i'll be around to answer any of your art related questions in the private discussion group the entire time.
i created my how to paint an owl course with the intention of sharing the simple shape templates that i use to start my own owls so that others could easily create their own and not feel afraid to start on a blank canvas. i always adore that each owl and character that comes out of my classes has its very own personality. it's the perfect course for beginners, and i feel so fortunate to have already seen so many imaginations wander!
- "How to Paint an Owl could easily be called "How to Find Your Passion!" -Kate Daniel.
- "I love the owls that I painted and the process that I went through painting them. I learned so much, and really was able to listen to my own heart in the process" -Jill Locke.
- "Juliette, was wonderful at awnsering my questions right away. She gave me great tips for the times when I was feeling stuck!" -Christy Nimeh.
what to expect
- Instant-Access, Self-Paced Classroom Now Open!
- all of the lessons will be waiting for you when you first log-in to the private class website. from there you'll be able to download each of the 14 lessons as a pdf too!
- I used to get stuck whenever I got to a blank canvas. Fear crept in and I either didn't know where to start or froze whenever I got too attached to creating something pretty and stopped having fun. Then I realized the characters I paint and the layers I create follow a pattern.
- In this ecourse, I share this pattern with you step by step, starting with the drawing template I use to create my own owl characters, breaking them down into simple lines and shapes, so you can easily create your own! Weíll go through my painting process layer by layer With posts of videos, stories and photos on painting technique, staying inspired, and life as an artist.
- Iíll also share with you all of the little tricks Iíve learned along the way-what supplies work best, how to make everything fit together, and ways to really make your character and background pop...
keeping you inspired in an encouraging and friendly environment. This class is for everyone and all!
- You donít need any painting experience or expensive art supplies to take this class-all you really need are a few paints and brushes (your fingers work just fine!) and an openness to love your most creative self. Itís all about having a place to begin, so your wildest imagination can wander!
- Read what past students are saying and see the amazing owls they've created right here!
Week 1: Backgrounds
- Let's start at the beginning! Iíll show you how I fill in all of that white space! Secrets to choosing colors, inspiration from some of my favorite artists, different techniques to use and ways to make them work with our owls! plus a sneak peek at what the entire process will be like with photos and video of each step we'll be making along the way!
Week 2: Owls
- this week is all about painting owls! Iíll share with you the drawing template I use to create my own owl characters, breaking them down into simple lines and shapes, so you can easily create your own!
Week 3: Embellishments
- This week we'll focus on all of the little details and embellishments that say a lot! We'll get inspiration for ways to express ourselves in our artwork and develop our own unique style. I'll also share all of the tricks Iíve learned along the way too-what supplies work best together and how to really make your character and background pop!
Week 4: Scene
- how to pull our owls and backgrounds together! I'll show you how I go about creating scenes in my paintings. Then we'll get out our scissors, papers, glitter, and mixed media supplies and I'll share a few tips to get your imaginations going. This weeks tutorials will look at composition and ways stories reveal themselves in our art... sometimes without us even knowing!
Week 5: Review & Top Coats
- This week I'll have a few additional videos for you, showing the owl painting process from start to finish. I'll also go into some of my favorite top coats and supplies.
i can't wait to see the gorgeous owls you create!
Supplies (Once you join the workshop you will get a full supply list)
- Something to paint on - paper, wood, canvas
- Collage Materials (sheet music, journal and book pages etc)
- a variety of Paintbrushes
- Acrylic Paints
- Glue or Gel Medium
- Chalk Pastels
- Pitt Pen
- pencils, charcoal and other drawing supplies you might have
- camera or scanner
- Gel Pens or Paint Markers
- Decoupage Finish
- Stamping Inks
- Once you register, you'll recieve an email from me with the link to our private website and all other information you'll need to get started. This emai will come directly from me, which means I am sending everything individually, the old-fashioned way, so please be patient with me. If you don't find the email in your inbox after 48 hours, please email me at email@example.com. Thank you so much again. I can't wait to see you in class!
When is this class?
- this class is available instantly. students have access to all lessons until January 2014, so the sooner you register, the longer you'll have access to everything.
How long do I have access to the class?
- you'll have access to all lessons until January 2014, so the sooner you register, the longer you'll have access to everything.
How Do I Sign up?
- Sign up by clicking the Register button at the top of this page to proceed
with your Paypal payment.
Will You Be Around To Answer Questions and Offer Feedback?
- Absolutely. I will be around until January 2014 to answer your questions and give feedback in the private discussion group and gallery.
I've never taken an online course before. How does it work?
- The HOW TO PAINT AN OWL online course is an online painting class. Once you register, I will email you the login and password needed to access the HOW TO PAINT AN OWL private website. The website consists of a private blog (where lessons are posted in the form of text, videos and photos), a private gallery (where students can upload their artwork and make comments on others' paintings, if they wish), and a private discussion group (where students can ask questions, make comments and get to know one another). Once you log-in, you'll find all of the lessons waiting for you, so you can feel free to go at your own pace. Then you'll have access to everything until January 2014.
Do I have to complete every assignment?
- No. But I know youíll learn even more and have a ton of fun if you do. And, please, don't feel rushed. you'll have plenty of time. All of the coursework will be available to you until January 2014! Plus i'll have downloadable pdfs of each lesson for you to keep.
Will there be a pdf from the class?
- Yes. I will have downloadable pdfs of each lesson.
Do I need to buy all of the supplies?
- Not at all. I only have a few supplies and brands that I recommend in particular because I've found they work best together. and you'll only need a scanner or camera if you want to participate in our online gallery.
Can I share the workshop site, info and videos with a friend?
- Please keep in mind, I have really put all my heart into this workshop (and all of my paintings) and Iíd really appreciate it if you didnít share the links with anyone who has not paid for the workshop.
Do I need to know how to paint, draw, or be artistic?
- This workshop is for everyone! We're all creative in some way! And my intention is to get a fabulous group together and share with you a place to begin so you're creativity can wander in any direction (writing, painting, sculpting, music, etc)!
Do I have to post my work to the private gallery?
- Of course not. But I really love looking at everyoneís work and seeing just what makes each piece different. I know others do too. This is a totally private, safe, positive and encouraging group. And I wouldnít have it any other way!
Are payment plans available?
- Absolutely. I'm most passionate about you being able to get creative, so we can always work out a payment plan. Just contact me for details.