You'll have access to the 6 Week Self-Paced class until January 2014, so the earlier you register, the more time you'll have to paint!
once you've registered, the classroom is open to you anytime, so that you can paint with me at your own pace until January 2014! and i'll be around to answer any of your art related questions in the private discussion group the entire time.
i created this class to share more of my mixed media techniques and to help others let go and uncover their own unique style. if you've been wanting to play with art supplies and try out new mixed media techniques, but didn't think you had the time...now the moment is right.
- " I've been working on developing my own style and exploring mixed media backgrounds. This class has taught me to trust in the process and when something doesn't seem right you can just go over it and allow something new to emerge." -Cathy McKean.
- "My favorite thing about the course was how Juliette shows you how to play and change and be brave with your artwork." -Lori Lohmeyer.
- "Juliette is very giving with her time, she is always available to offer help and support when needed and adds encouraging comments on work posted in the gallery." -Diana Jane
a little video
WEEKLY VIDEOS COVER
- 3 Different Body Templates
- Simple Drawing Templates for Faces and Hair
- How To Make Eyes Look Real
- Mixed media backgrounds
- Paper Doll Outfits for your Girls
- Making Your Girl your Own!
- PLUS Bonus Cooking Videos
what to expect
- once you log-in to the private class website, all of the lessons will be waiting for you. from there you'll be able to download each of the 18 lessons as a pdf too. In this online art class, I'll share how to paint my most popular girls step by step, starting with the templates I use to create my own girl characters, breaking them down into 3 simple body shapes, so you can easily create your own!
- Weíll go through my entire painting process layer by layer With videos and photos on painting technique, inspiration from art, artist interviews and favorite recipes, and life as an artist stories. And I'll share lots of tips and stories on staying inspired and finding joy in your every day...cooking videos, fun activities, tips from other artists and more! all in an encouraging and friendly environment.
- i've designed this class with busy people in mind, so it's easy for you to focus on what you'd really like to learn when you have the time. i'll also have a pdf for you at the end of class and you'll have access to our class website until January 2014, so you can feel free to go at your own pace.
- You donít need any painting experience or expensive art supplies to take this class-all you really need are a few paints and brushes (your fingers work just fine!) and an openness to let go and love your most creative self. Itís all about having a place to begin, so your imagination can wander.
- If you've already taken my owl painting class, this will take everything a bit further with new techniques and characters! if you haven't taken a workshop with me before, that's okay too. This class is for everyone and all! Read what past students are saying and see the amazing art they've created right here!
Week 1: Backgrounds
- I've been experimenting with lots of new techniques and supplies in my studio and I can't wait to share them with you! Iíll show you how I fill in all of that white space, secrets to choosing colors, inspiration from some of my favorite artists, different techniques to use and ways to make them work with your girls!
Week 2: Face and Hair
- this week is all about putting a face on our girls! Iíll share with you some tricks I use to make my eyes look not just pasted on. i'll aslo show you a few simple drawing templates I use to create my own girl characters, breaking them down into simple hair and face shapes so you can easily create your own!
Week 3: The Uniform Body
- WHenever I want to focus most on my character's face and scenery, I give my girl the body shape I call the "uniform." This week I'll show you how to create this look and make it your own! We'll get inspiration for ways to express ourselves in our artwork and develop our own unique style too!
Week 4: The Paper Doll Body
- When I first started painting my girl characters, I remembered what I loved most as a child-drawing characters and cutting out their outfits! This week I'll have lots of simple paper doll templates for you to cut out and use to create those fabulous outfits and accesories, making them fun and easy!
Week 5: The Organic Body
- weíll combine everything weíve been learning about color, shape and supplies to create girls that merge with their backgrounds. We'll get into all of the tricks I've learned along the way too- what supplies work best together and how to really make your character and background pop!
Week 6: Review
- This week is all about review. We'll go over everything we've learned and have lots of time to catch up. Iíll also be sure to answer any questions you might have that will help everyone in the workshop!
i can't wait to see the amazing girls you paint!
Supplies (Once you register you will get a full supply list)
- Something to paint on - paper, wood, canvas
- Collage Materials (origami paper, sheet music, journal and book pages, other papers you love)
- a variety of Paintbrushes
- Acrylic Paints
- Glue or Gel Medium
- Chalk Pastels
- Pitt Pen
- india ink
- pencils, charcoal and other drawing supplies you might have
- Once you register, you'll recieve an email from me with the link to our private blog (with our detailed supply list) and all other information you'll need for our class. This email will come directly from me, which means I am sending everything individually, the old-fashioned way, so please be patient with me. If you don't find the email in your inbox after 48 hours, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much again. I can't wait to see you in class!
When is this class?
- this class is available to you instantly. And you'll have access to the class website until January 2014, so if you'd like to get the most out of the classroom, register early!
How long do I have to access the class?
- You'll have access to everything until January 2014.
How Do I Sign up?
- Sign up by clicking the Register button at the top of this page to proceed
with your Paypal payment. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.
I've never taken an online class. How does it work?
- HOW TO PAINT A GIRL is an online painting class. Once you register, I will email you the login and password needed to access the class's private website. The website consists of a private blog (where lessons are posted in the form of text, videos and photos), a private gallery (where students can upload their artwork and make comments on others' paintings, if they wish), and a private discussion group (where students can ask questions, make comments and get to know one another). During class, I'll be in the discussion group and gallery, answering questions and making comments too. Students also get downloadable pdfs of each lesson with all of the text and photos and have access to the private class website until January 2014.
Will You Be Around To Answer Questions and Offer Feedback?
- Absolutely. I will be around until January 2014 to answer your questions and give feedback in the private discussion group and gallery.
What If I've taken the How To Paint An Owl E-course...will I still learn something new?
- Absolutely! Even all of the backgrounds I teach in this class will be completely new! We'll get more into painting eyes too! Plus I'll focus on ways to nourish your creative self and stay inspired!
Do I have to complete every assignment?
- No. But I know youíll learn even more and have a ton of fun if you do. And, please, don't feel rushed. you'll have plenty of time. All of the coursework will be available to you until January 2014. Plus i'll have a free pdf for each lesson with all of the text and photos for you at the end of class.
Will there be a pdf from the class?
- Yes. I will have free downloadable pdfs of each lesson with all of the class photos and text.
Do I need to buy all of the supplies?
- Not at all. I only have a few supplies and brands that I recommend in particular because I've found they work best together. and you'll only need a scanner or camera if you want to participate in our online gallery.
Can I share the workshop site, info and videos with a friend?
- Please keep in mind, I have really put all my heart into this workshop (and all of my paintings) and Iíd really appreciate it if you didnít share the links with anyone who has not paid for the workshop.
Do I need to know how to paint, draw, or be artistic?
- This workshop is for everyone! Whether you haven't painted since you were in kindergarten or if you're an avid crafter or artist looking to learn new techniques, this class is for you. My intention is to get a fabulous group together and share with you a place to begin so you're creativity can wander in an encouraging environment.
Do I have to post my work to the private gallery?
- Of course not. But I really love looking at everyoneís work and seeing just what makes each piece different. I know others do too. This is a totally private, safe, positive and encouraging group. And I wouldnít have it any other way!
Are payment plans available?
- Absolutely. I'm most passionate about you being able to get creative, so we can always work out a payment plan. Just contact me for details.